Friday, September 19, 2014
ALA Carnegie-Whitney Grants
Deadline: November 7, 2014
The Carnegie-Whitney Grant program provides grants of up to $5,000 for the preparation of print or electronic reading lists, indexes or other guides to library resources that promote reading or the use of library resources at any type of
library. The grants are intended to cover preparation costs appropriate to the development of a useful product, including the cost of research. The grants do not cover the costs of final printing or online distribution of the product.
Grants are awarded to individuals; local, regional or state libraries, associations or organizations, including units, affiliates and committees of the American Library Association, or programs of information and library studies/science. International applicants welcome.
The project(s) must:
- focus on American libraries
- demonstrate how the project would stimulate the use of library resources
- have the potential appeal and usefulness to a broad audience
- be intended for national distribution
- meet a need for publication
- be completed within two years.
- be new or in process. Completed works, works under contract for publication, or projects associated with the completion of academic work are not eligible.