The Penguin Random House Library Award for Innovation Through Adversity recognizes U.S. libraries and staff who overcome adversity and create lasting innovative community service programs that successfully inspire and connect with new readers.
- Evidence of hardship (economic hardship or natural disaster)
- Show successful partnership(s) working together to overcome hardship (partners can include public schools, local business, museums, and other community organizations that support learning, reading programs and books.)
- Strong focus on innovative and unique programming incorporating new technology, reading methods or formats, environmentally friendly materials, etc.
- Evidence of successful outcomes.
- Strong focus on inspiring and connecting with new readers.
- Open to all types of libraries