Thursday, October 08, 2015
Ezra Jack Keats Foundation Mini-Grants
DEADLINE: March 31, 2016
The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation, which fosters children’s love of reading and creative expression in our diverse culture, celebrates the 28th year of its Mini-Grant program—and Keats’s 100th birthday—with a call for proposals that reflect the work and vision of the program’s namesake. Approximately 60 grants of $500 each will be awarded to qualifying teachers and librarians at public schools and libraries across the United States. Decisions will be emailed to all applicants by early May.
Creative programs funded in the past have included:
- Ongoing pen-pal projects bringing disparate communities together,
- Multi-cultural portrait projects,
- Art projects culminating in art shows, murals, or quilts,
- Bookmaking and zines,
- Creation and performance of puppet shows or plays,
- Inter-generational journals.
For more information and to apply, visit the website.