Sunday, September 22, 2013
Ezra Jack Keats Foundation Minigrant Program
Deadline: March 15, 2014
The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation offers minigrants of $500 to public schools and public libraries for programs that encourage literacy and creativity in children. Programs relating to the work of Ezra Jack Keats (writer and illustrator) are welcome, but not required. Creative programs funded in the past have included:
- Ongoing pen-pal projects bringing disparate communities together,
- Multi-cultural portrait projects,
- Art projects culminating in art shows, murals, or quilts,
- Creation and performance of puppet shows or plays,
- Inter-generational journals.
To read more information and to apply, visit the website.